I am a first-year PhD student at UCLA co-advised by Kai-Wei Chang and Nanyun (Violet) Peng. Prior to that, I got my M.S. degree from UIUC in 2023 supervised by Heng Ji, and my B.S. degree from USTC in 2020. I have work experience in IBM Research, Bytedance AI Lab and MSRA.
In the field of Natural Language Processing (NLP), my research interest lies in enhancing autonomy of NLP systems. I am currently interested in:
- Embodied AI: vision-and-language model, LLM for embodied planning, modeling world dynamics
- Code generation: RLHF for code generation, code generation for planning & tool usage
In the past I also have research experience in text generation and information extraction.
I am looking for research internship opportunities for 2024 summer.
University of California, Los Angeles, 09/2023 - present
- Ph.D. in Computer Science. Advisor: Kai-Wei Chang, Nanyun (Violet) Peng
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, 08/2021 - 05/2023
- M.S. in Computer Science. Advisor: Heng Ji
University of Science and Technology, 09/2016 - 06/2020
- B.S. in Electronic Engineering and Information Science
- Michael Glass, Xueqing Wu, Ankita Rajaram Naik, Gaetano Rossiello and Alfio Gliozzo, Retrieval-Based Transformer for Table Augmentation, ACL Findings. 2023. Link, Code
- Xueqing Wu*, Sha (Zoey) Li*, Heng Ji, OpenPI-C: A Better Benchmark and Stronger Baseline for Open-Vocabulary State Tracking, ACL Findings (short paper). 2023. Link, Code
- Xueqing Wu, Kung-Hsiang Huang, Yi Fung, Heng Ji, Cross-document Misinformation Detection based on Event Graph Reasoning, NAACL. 2022. Link, Code
- Xueqing Wu, Jiacheng Zhang, Hang Li, Text-to-Table: A New Way of Information Extraction, ACL. 2022. Link, Code
- Xueqing Wu, Lewen Wang, Yingce Xia, Weiqing Liu, Lijun Wu, Shufang Xie, Tao Qin, Tie-Yan Liu, Temporally Correlated Task Scheduling for Sequence Learning, ICML. 2021. Link, Code
- Xueqing Wu, Yingce Xia, Jinhua Zhu, Lijun Wu, Shufang Xie, Tao Qin, A Study of BERT for Context-Aware Neural Machine Translation, ACML journal track. 2021. Link, Code
- Xueqing Wu, Yingce Xia, Jinhua Zhu, Lijun Wu, Shufang Xie, Yang Fan, Tao Qin, mixSeq: A Simple Data Augmentation Method for Neural Machine Translation, IWSLT Workshop. 2021. Link
- Yixing Zhu, Jun Du, Xueqing Wu, Adaptive Period Embedding for Representing Oriented Objects in Aerial Images, IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. 2020. Link
* Equal contribution.
Bytedance AI Lab, 05/2023 - 09/2023
- Research intern at NLP group. Mentor: Dr. Haoran Huang
- Conduct research on code generation.
IBM Research, 05/2022 - 08/2022
- Research intern at knowledge induction group. Mentor: Alfio Glozzio
- Conduct research on tabular data processing. One paper on ACL 2023 findings.
Bytedance AI Lab, 06/2020 - 07/2021
- Research intern at LITG group. Mentor: Dr. Hang Li
- Conduct research on text generation. One paper on ACL 2022.
Microsoft Research Asia, 10/2019 - 07/2020
- Research intern at Machine Learning group. Mentor: Dr. Tao Qin
- Conduct research on machine translation. Three papers on ICML 2021, ACML journal track 2021, and IWSLT Workshop 2021.